Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crazy Little Thing Called.....Life!!


So when I started this blog I thought it was going to be a great hobby, and a good way to keep people informed on what is going on in the Wilson home. I have now discovered that I am really not as good at this whole blogging thing as I would like to be. I mean the best time for me to sit down and write something is 2am when my little man is up because of a nasty ear infection.
Last time I posted I had to update everyone on the happenings in our life since before Dallin was born. This time I will start from when he turned one, which is sad cause Dallin is now almost 15 months old. So here I go!
Dallin turned a year old on June 8. We took him to Wildlife World Zoo for his birthday, and he LOVED it. My son already has a love for any kind of animal or fish. We had a big party for him at our house, and he had fun then as well.
Since then we have just been trying to keep our head above water, and live this crazy little thing called life.
Michael continues to work for Deloitte and is staying super busy. There is not much more to say about him. When he is not working he is spending time with Dallin and I. Michael and I have made a goal to have a weekly date night. Thanks to two wonderful people who watch Dallin we have been very successful. Michael is looking forward to Labor Day for a four day weekend, and some much needed R&R.
I am still working part time as an x-ray tech and the rest of the time as a mom. I feel so blessed everyday to have the job that I do. There are not many companies out there that will let you be so flexible with your job. I love that I am able to work two days a week in the profession that I love, and still get to stay home the majority of the time and take care of my little man. So when I am not at the heart hospital saving lives I am a stay at home mommy. It is such a blessing to be able to stay home with Dallin. Everyday is a new experience. I have been trying to do one art project a day with Dallin. Honestly some days are better than others. I feel so blessed to have the things I do in my life.
Dallin will turn 15 months on September 8. It has been quite an adventure since he turned one. He is now walking, which keeps everyone in the house on their toes, including Nessa. For about a month now Dallin has been battling ear infections. We are now going to see a pediatric ENT to talk about getting tubes in his ears. I sometimes wonder if it is ever going to end for him. He is such a little trooper for everything that he has been through. With everything that has gone on in his little life so far I just feel blessed to still have him here with us. He is also really good at sharing things with people, whether you want him to share it with you our not. Right now, for example, he walked up to me, set a bowl on my lap, smiled and then walked away. I love that he is so good at sharing. It will make it so much easier when he starts nursery at church. Dallin attends daycare two days a week and loves it. He just transitioned from the infant room to the one year old room. I thought he might have trouble with the transition, but he did great. He always cries when I come to pick him up at night! I feel so blessed to have found a good place for Dallin to be while I am working. I know that he is well taken care of his daycare.
Well this ended up being a lot longer than I anticipated. So I think I will stop. Time to see if I can get my little man to fall asleep. Otherwise I will fall asleep late today, and Dallin will be running a muck in the house. Anyone who reads this later today may want to text me, and make sure I am still awake!!
I will try my hardest to post again within the next month!
Sorry for all the blabbing...hope you enjoy!
TTFN...ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment