
So Michael and I decided that today was a day that was blog worthy. What I thought was going to be a nice relaxing Sunday ended up being quite an interesting day. This morning we woke up at our normal time. I made crepes for breakfast. I had never made crepes before. They were super easy to make, and tasted divine! We then proceeded to get ready for church.
While we were in church things were going smooth. Dallin actually did quite well at church this week, which is a surprise. After church we had choir. While we were in choir Dallin was running around. At one point he biffed it and fell into the piano. So we ended up having to leave choir early, and Dallin has a nice little black and blue goose egg for his efforts!
So after we were settled at home I needed to start thinking about dinner. I wasn't able to get anything in the crockpot this morning because I had to be at church early. So Michael and I decided we could still put something in the crockpot if we cooked the chicken first. This past week my George Foreman Grill decided to die, and I have yet to replace it. If you have an indoor grill you like PLEASE let me know! So Michael decided to cook the chicken on our outdoor grill. About 3/4 of the way through grilling the propane ran out. Note to self ALWAYS check the propane tank before starting to grill something. So I decided that the chicken could finish cooking in the crockpot since it was most of the way done cooking already. No big problems there.
While Dallin was napping, Michael and I decided we would take advantage of the time by doing some small things around the house, and reading a few articles from the Ensign together. Michael put a load of laundry in which contained some clothes that he needed for this coming week. This is where our day starts to get interesting. Dallin has discovered that he can throw things in the washer/dryer and also in laundry hampers. At some point Dallin threw a board book in our hamper. It happened to be the Nose Book by Dr. Seuss. Michael didn't notice it and it went through the whole cycle in our washing machine, along with the clothes we were washing. So when we took it out to put it in the dryer we noticed little white pieces of paper-like stuff all over our clothes. As a result we had to shake out all the clothes we washed, and attempt to clean out the washing machine which is full of little white pieces of paper. I guess the lesson to be learned from this is to thoroughly go through your clothes before putting them in the washing machine.....at least if you have a toddler in the house!
So we are now settled and dinner is ready. Lets just hope that the rest of the night is relaxing and calm like I thought this day would be! Thanks for reading!
TTFN.... ta ta for now!
I love my George Foreman indoor/outdoor grill
ReplyDelete